As part of our mission to help and inspire people through running, New York Road Runners is pleased to offer a limited number of complimentary race entries through Race Free, a new initiative that provides race fee assistance for NYRR races.
Eligibility is based on need. Applicants are asked to provide household income and other information; all applicant information is confidential.
How to Apply
Complete and submit the application during the application windows listed below; a link to the application will be provided during the application windows. You will be notified by email within one week of the application close date.
How Does it Work?
We accept applications quarterly. Application dates for 2018 are as follows:
- March 12–25
- June 4–17
- September 3–16
- December 3–16
- You will receive an email within one week of the application close date notifying you of whether you have been accepted into the program.
- If you are accepted into the program, you’ll need to create a My NYRR account if you do not already have one.
- Random drawings will be held quarterly for all weekly races in the upcoming quarter.
- Participants who are selected will be notified by email and given a unique invitation code to register for the race.
- Eligibility is based on need.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and must be residents of New York state.
- Accepted runners will automatically be entered into each drawing, with the exception of the TCS New York City Marathon, for which they will have to opt in.
- Runners will need to reapply to the program annually. You will receive an email notifying you that you must reapply.
- If a runner in the program registers for two races and does not notify us that he/she cannot run them, the runner will be removed from the program.