Whether you’re lacing up those running shoes for the first time, or you’ve been running your whole life, the New York Road Runners community has something to offer you.
For 60 years, we’ve been committed to getting people moving in New York City’s five boroughs and beyond through races, community events, youth running initiatives, school programs, and training resources that provide hundreds of thousands of people each year, from children to seniors, with the motivation, know-how, and opportunity to Run for Life.
NYRR membership will help you reach your running and lifestyle goals. We offer a range of membership opportunities:
- Up to 45% off race-entry fees and 33% off NYRR Virtual Races Powered by Strava
- Two-day advance registration to select races
- Eligibility for guaranteed entry into the 2018 TCS New York City Marathon via our 9+1 program
- Advance access to volunteer opportunities (NYRR Member Plus)
- Members-only premium NYRR merchandise (NYRR Member Plus)
- Plus much more!
Join a global running community that through the power of running is creating a world where everyone benefits from the inspiration, motivation, and confidence that result from putting one foot in front of the other.
Open a My NYRR account with us and join our community. You’ll receive our regular newsletters with updates and invitations for events, programs, and special offers, and enjoy use of lockers at our NYRR RUNCENTER featuring the NB Run Hub.
Engage even more with the NYRR community. NYRR Member categories include:
- Individual ($40)
- Family ($60, two adults and two minors age 17 or younger residing at the same address)
- Junior ($25, age 17 or younger)
- Senior ($25, age 62+)
You'll receive all NYRR Friend benefits, plus:
- Up to 45% off race-entry fees
- NYRR Group Training discount
- NYRR 1:1 Coaching discount
- Eligibility for programs for guaranteed entry to premier races including the TCS New York City Marathon
- Two-day advance registration for three of our NYRR Five-Borough Series races: NYRR Queens 10K, New Balance Bronx 10 Mile, and NYRR Staten Island Half
- Special offers from partners like Hospital for Special Surgery, SWERVE, Zipcar, and more
- 100% tax deductibility
NYRR Specialty Member
NYRR specialty member types include:
- Armed Service Veterans/Active Duty Military ($25)
- Collegiate ($25)
- NYRR Youth Program Leads and Assistants ($25)
For more information on qualifications, please see below.
Armed Service Veterans/Active Duty Military
The Armed Services Veterans and Active Duty Military membership rate is $25 annually. To qualify for our Armed Services Veterans and Active Duty Military membership rate and race discounts, you’ll need to complete the following steps:
- Create a My NYRR account if you do not already have one
- Complete the following application.
- Visit us in person at the NYRR RUNCENTER at 320 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019 with your completed application and present a copy of your active-duty military, a copy of your Common Access Card (CAC), current orders, or a copy of an award citation. You must present these documents in person; emailed copies of these documents will not be accepted.
Please note that if you are already a member at this member type, you can renew online through your My NYRR account and will not need to re-submit documentation for proof of military service.
Available to individuals enrolled in a degree program. To join via this membership type, please upload a copy of your current student ID to your My NYRR profile. If we do not receive your official documentation within 15 days of your membership registration, your membership will be transferred to an annual membership ($40) and your card will be charged an additional $15. Documentation will be required at each time of renewal.
NYRR Youth Program Leads and Assistants
Available to official NYRR Youth Program Leads and Assistants. To join via this membership type, please upload a screenshot of your STRIDES profile page, which contains your STRIDES ID number, to your My NYRR profile. If we do not receive your official documentation within 15 days of your membership registration, your membership will be transferred to an annual membership ($40) and your card will be charged an additional $15. Documentation will be required at each time of renewal.
NYRR Member Plus
- Individual Plus ($100)
- Family Plus ($150, two adults and two minors age 17 or younger residing at the same address)
- Two-day advance registration for all non-drawing NYRR races, excluding the NYRR Brooklyn Half
- Guaranteed, non-complimentary entry to select TCS New York City Marathon race-week events
- Guaranteed, non-complimentary entry to the NYRR Fred Lebow Manhattan Half and Grete’s Great Gallop
- Advance access to high-demand volunteer opportunities
- Members-only premium NYRR merchandise
NYRR Philanthropic Member
NYRR Philanthropic Members provide critical support for New York Road Runners youth and community services programs, including Rising New York Road Runners, NYRR Run for the Future, NYRR Striders, and Race Free. Philanthropic Members have a strong appreciation and understanding of NYRR’s mission to help and inspire people through running and are committed to helping NYRR encourage people of all ages to “Run for Life."
Includes all NYRR Member Plus benefits, plus:
- Free one-time use of NYRR Virtual Trainer for one year
- Two-day advance registration for the Popular® Brooklyn Half
- Premium NYRR merchandise item
- Invitations to special annual VIP NYRR events and receptions
Includes all Miler Member benefits, plus:
- Guaranteed, non-complimentary entry to all NYRR races, including the TCS New York City Marathon
- Two TCS New York City Marathon Grandstand Seating tickets
Includes all 5K Member benefits, plus:
- Guaranteed, complimentary entry to all NYRR races, including the TCS New York City Marathon (some age restrictions for family members may apply)
- Invitation to run with Michael Capiraso, NYRR President and CEO, and Peter Ciaccia, NYRR President, Events and Race Director, TCS New York City Marathon
For more information, please contact Sarah Innes, Manager, Individual Giving and Events, at email@example.com or 212.548.7347.
IDNYC cardholders are eligible for a complimentary one-year membership with New York Road Runners at the Individual, Junior, Senior, Armed Services, or Collegiate level. Cardholders will enjoy all the member benefits at the level of their choice, including advance access to select races, savings of up to 45% off race-entry fees, and more!
How do I sign up?
IDNYC cardholders should first create an account in My NYRR, and then they can bring their valid IDNYC card and completed application to the NYRR RUNCENTER at 320 West 57th Street. Your New York Road Runners membership will be issued within 5–10 business days.
For more information on IDNYC, please visit nyc.gov/idnyc.
*This offer is available only to cardholders who are not NYRR members, or who have not been NYRR members since January 1, 2012, and is not valid for any NYRR membership renewals. Memberships will be valid for one year from the New York Road Runners membership issue date.
Gift of Membership
Give your family and friends the gift of NYRR Membership! Simply log-in to your My NYRR profile and click on the Membership tab. If you do not have a My NYRR account, be sure to create one so you can complete your gift purchase. Gift of Membership is valid for five (5) years from the date of purchase and is only offered for new members or those whose memberships have recently expired.
When you become a New York Road Runners member, you become part of a global running community of 600,000 runners and walkers, including 267,000 youth and seniors, together striving to live more healthy, fulfilling lives through the power of running.